cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Add new Cisco 1832l AP cant join to our Wireless controller.

deryabehcet
Level 1
Level 1

We purchase brand new Cisco 1832l AP. We connect it to our switch which assigned to APs vlan. This new AP get ip we find it it is 172.22.0.29 in Wireless controller (Cisco Aironet 1815 ) web interface we see this access point. We have 10 Ap in our office but this one show like unknown i will attach picture of this web interface.  (Last one is new one in picture)

AP.PNGWe dont know how to edit and give this Ap static ip in order to enter web interface. It get ip somehow from our DHCP server (windows server) but in web interface we cant edit anything.

2 Replies 2

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
I think it doesn't get a valid IP address, which is the reason it's showing there with 0.0.0.0. Can you check on the DHCP server if there are still some address free?
Otherwise I'd suggest you attach a serial console cable to the AP and monitor the boot process.

Vengatesa Prasath
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
It looks like AP trying to upgrade and join the Mobility Express. Run the below command on ME: >>> show ap image all >>> show ap join stats summary all Follow this process and point the AP image on ME using TFTP: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/8-2/b_Mobility_Express_Deployment_guide/b_Mobility_Express_Deployment_guide_chapter_01000.html#task_4387C8D3ADCA4D9EA365763A1DA5B2E2 Hope this helps.. Regards, Vengat
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card