Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding evaluation license to WLC 2504 temporarily

Adnan_Siddiqi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Guys ,

We have a  one 2504 WLC with 5 AP licenses.  Now for some days we want to add 10 more APs for an event. Can we use evaluation licenses along with these 5 permanent licenses to fulfill the requirement and once the need is over , deactivate these licenses ( if possible ) . 

The Concern is evaluation licenses will have any adverse effect on 5 permanent licenses ? when returning back to 5 licenses. 

Thanks in anticipation.

Adnan

Adnan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Adnan,

You can activate the Evaluation License for time being. It won't affect your Base License of the WLC.

Simple click on the evaluation license and make the priority as High and Accept the EULA , Then take a reboot of controller to activate it.

For deactivating the same, click on the evaluation license and make the priority as LOW and then accept the EULA, Then take a reboot to deactivate the Evaluation license.

Regards,

Sathiyanarayanan Ravindran

Regards,

Please rate the post and accept as solution, if my response satisfied your question:)

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hi

There's nothing wrong by using evaluate licensing as long as they are still valid. You just need to activate it and this will extend you AP capacity for that period.

You are not gonna loose you permanent licensing.

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

Hi Adnan,

You can activate the Evaluation License for time being. It won't affect your Base License of the WLC.

Simple click on the evaluation license and make the priority as High and Accept the EULA , Then take a reboot of controller to activate it.

For deactivating the same, click on the evaluation license and make the priority as LOW and then accept the EULA, Then take a reboot to deactivate the Evaluation license.

Regards,

Regards,

Please rate the post and accept as solution, if my response satisfied your question:)
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: