cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

After up gradation of WLC Controller to 7.0.116.0 what will be image Version for access points

csco11180321
Level 1
Level 1

I have WLC AIR-WLC4402-50-K9 have 50 AP license. The running image on WLC is 4.2.207.0.

I have Access Point AIR-LAP1242AG-A-K9 having Image version 12.4(10b)JDD.

AP Model......................................... AIR-LAP1242AG-A-K9

IOS Version...................................... 12.4(10b)JDD

We are planning software upgrade of WLC from 4.2.207.0 to 7.0.116.0. Can any one tell after upgrade what will be the image version of Access Point AIR-LAP1242AG-A-K9.

Thanks...

4 Replies 4

pcroak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Pramod,

Your APs will automatically download the new code from the WLC, but the version for 7.0.116.0 will be 12.4(23c)JA2.

-Patrick Croak

Wireless TAC

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for Info. I went through release note for WLC software version 7.0.116.0. but not able to find AP image version. Any document will help me in future.

Pramod Maharana.

Hi Pramod,

Sure, no problem. AP software will always be determined by the WLC in a unified deployment. May I ask why you are concerned about the AP image version?

-Pat

HI Patrick,

I came across similar queries from customer side & I am not able to answer him. If I know from any source in future it would be helpful for me.

Pramod Maharana.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card