cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR-AP1562I-B-K9 in downloading state

deanwoolley
Level 1
Level 1

We have recently been advised to install 1562i access points for a new external wireless service. These were purchased and now installed in one location. One more location to follow. They are showing on the WLC (AIR-CT5520-K9) as downloading and have been for some time.

Having read a bunch of old threads I believe I need to add US as a country code (currently we only have Canada selected as this is where we are based)

Code has recently been updated so should not be a concern it is 8.5.140.0 

I guess my questions are - after adding US as a country code should there be any issues with the APs functionality ? Why are these APs US specific only ? Will a reload be required to complete the request (I see disabling A and B radios will need to be performed) ? Is there a Cisco specific page that explains regulatory domains and why some Aps are specific to that domain.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards

Dean

7 Replies 7

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
IF it keeps showing up as "downloading" that means the WLC is having a hiccup.
Power down the AP and wait until the controller no longer "sees" the AP and then apply power to the AP.

Yes already tried that multiple times.

Try 8.5.151.0?

Rich R
VIP
VIP
And in answer to your question about regulatory domains - refer to https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/assets/prod/wireless/wireless-compliance-tool/index.html
As to why - the clue is in the name - regulations are different in different parts of the world and that determines what can and can't be used :)
The country code of the AP ensures that that AP will comply with the relevant local regulations regarding allowed channel, max signal strength, DFS etc.
As Leo says stuck at downloading is unlikely to be a country issue. Use debugs on WLC and console of APs to work out what is going wrong, packet captures at each end could also be useful. If you get stuck Cisco TAC should be able to help assuming you have support.

Cisco TAC advised the following

8.5.140.0 supports 1562I Access point. If your controller is running that version, you can just add country domain and connect your AP. Below I have provided doc which has compatability information of software version and AP,s . So we will add the country code in the next maintenance window and check following that.

If you have a maintenance window then like Leo suggested I'd highly recommend using the opportunity to upgrade to 8.5.151.0 which fixes a lot of bugs, some of which could be relevant to this problem. We're running a pre-release version which has resolved a number of issues and so far proved to be very stable.

Thank you will look to do that too.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card