Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Enthusiast

AIR-AP1832I-B-K9 --> Cannot Convert to Autonomous Image

Against my better judgment, I decided to spec out a new 1832 model for a new site instead of going with the tried and true 1702 model, and as I suspected would happen, it's no longer straight forward to configure it for autonomous deployment.

My network consist of 400 autonomous AP's. I need this AP to be in Autonomous mode, but when I go to issue the very easy command from the 1700 series: capwap ap autonomous --> It is no longer an option.  Please tell me there is a way to run this unit in autonomous mode?

Not everyone wants to use a controller, Cisco. I shouldn't be stiff armed into it by you making it harder and harder to run in autonomous mode. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
VIP Collaborator

Re: AIR-AP1832I-B-K9 --> Cannot Convert to Autonomous Image

>Not everyone wants to use a controller, 

- But you should because the controller based solutions make sure a steady overlaying-grid is realized , maximizing connectivity by regulating TPC and DCA for each AP....

M.

Highlighted
Hall of Fame Community Legend

Re: AIR-AP1832I-B-K9 --> Cannot Convert to Autonomous Image

@Dean Romanelli wrote:

Please tell me there is a way to run this unit in autonomous mode?

Dean,

"autonomous IOS" is no longer in fashion.  A lot of autonomous AP users have embraced the move to Mobility Express because it allows full control of all the APs.  

@Dean Romanelli wrote:

Not everyone wants to use a controller, Cisco. I shouldn't be stiff armed into it by you making it harder and harder to run in autonomous mode. 

Give Mobility Express a go.  It is more difficult to manage a large number of autonomous APs compared to an AP managing other APs via Mobility Express.  

NOTE:  The only time I saw someone complaining about Mobility Express is when there are APs that cannot be "supported" by a parent ME AP.  

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad

August's Community Spotlight Awards