Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR-CAP1552E-x-K9 with Dual Band Antennas and 1532i on Mesh

Hi,

We are looking at large area deployment of AIR-CAP1552E-x-K9 with x 2 AIR-ANT2547V-N my first question is if we use  2 x dual band Antennas is there any reduction in coverage or capacity etc or is it pretty much the same as using 4 x single band dipoles?

Also we are using using 1532i's from the AIR-CAP1552E-x-K9 on a 1 x hop edge in area's where we can't get a cable to the location, again is there any problem with using what will be the 1532i's Root AP with x 2 dual bands and will the 1532i be ok as a Mesh AP (we could actually do with using 1532i to 1532i in some cases if that was possible is that a good or bad idea ?

Last but not least we have a few Cisco 1572's which will have x 4 AIR-ANT2568VG-N in amongst this ;large coverage area mainly where there will be a higher density of clients, will they be ok working with the AIR-CAP1552E-x-K9 and in some cases having a one hop mesh to them as well, where the  AIR-CAP1552E-x-K9 are meshed off another AP is it ok for them to have 2 x dual antennas or doesn't it matter?

The furthest any AP on mesh will be is 1 x hop from a RAP any advice on the above would be much appreciated

Regards

Michael

0 Replies 0
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card