Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR-OEAP602 Software Versions

Tomas Uhlar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

we have successfully implemented Office Extend functionality on 2500 series controller and AIR-OEAP602 access points. We like it very much and my question is: Is Cisco planning to develop software for OEAP600 Series access points? I.e. what about the USB connector hidden on the back of the AP? We'd like to see some advanced seetings for private LAN/WLAN, local users management, etc.

Thank you in advance,

Tomas

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

OEAP602 to be used with a WLC always, so AP software get updated depend on the version you are running on the WLC.

So Feature improvement of this model always depend on the WLC software you are running. I believe WLC 8.0 (expect mid this year) will bring some additonal features to this OEAP600 model (or replacment model for this functionality)

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jacob Snyder
Level 5
Level 5

I actually anticipate that we've seen the last feature improvements for this model.

It's getting fairly long in the tooth and Cisco no longer owns the company that makes it (Linksys)

My hope is that a new model will replace the 602 at some point.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

That aren't good news - we've just ordered 50pcs of 602 APs .

What you mean, that we've seen the last feature improvements for this model? All 602 APs I have, are with "factory" SW. I was unable to find any other SW images for this model...

Thank you.

OEAP602 to be used with a WLC always, so AP software get updated depend on the version you are running on the WLC.

So Feature improvement of this model always depend on the WLC software you are running. I believe WLC 8.0 (expect mid this year) will bring some additonal features to this OEAP600 model (or replacment model for this functionality)

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

You are right, of course. I was little bit confused because of the GUI menu of the OEAP600. In addition, in my case - WLC SW v. 7.4.110.0, the OEAP's menu does not differs when I'm setting it up for the first time and after AP association to a controller, so I suppose it has some kind of ""controller independend" SW.

Thanks,

Tomas

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card