Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 1200 antenna connectors

chalvorsonjr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have ordered the antennas with the wrong connector types and want to order the correct connector to plug into the AP. I know that I need a male RP-TNC connector, but does anyone know what LMR # I need or where I can find the docs with this info?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

8 Replies 8

scottmac
Level 10
Level 10

The part number for the connector will depend on which flavor of cable you intend to use.

Details?

Scott

Scott,

Thanks for the reply! I haev been looking everywhere trying to figure out where I can find that info and how I can apply it to the LMR #. Can you tell me where and how I would know what kind of cable it is and if there is maybe a standard as to which type of cables correspond to each connector type.

Thanks,

Craig

Still need more info. What is the connector type on your antennas?

The cable are labeled Cushcraft - RG58 Shielded 9700851 20AWG CMP (ETL) C(ETL). They currently have BNC connectors, but I want to change them out and put RP-TNC connectors on them so they will fit an aironet 1200 access point.

Thanks,

Craig

To go along with the above, I have searched everywhere to find the LMR# or the RP-TNC connector that I should be purchasing to fit this type of cable.

Thanks,

Craig

Well, try these guys:

http://www.antennasystems.com/connectors.html

They have the connectors, but don't specify cabling. There is a phone number you can call and ask them about the components.

If you are not much of a "cable guy," I respectfully suggest you should seek out a pre-made cable assembly. At these frequencies, it doesn't take much of an error to really screw up the radio and / or kill the reception.

RG/58 would be fairly lossy at these freqs, any serious length of cable will drop the signal strength (both ways) considerably.

Good Luck

Scott

Thanks for all your help gentlemen!

xavier.zhindon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

You may try this www.hyperlinktech.com, wich is a company that sells, conectors, cables, pigtail and custom made assemblies.

Good Luck

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card