cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 1252 not booting (no LEDs, no console output)

marco.bulgarini
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I need some help on an issue with a couple of Aironet 1250 (AIR-RM1252A-E-K9). I got these as working as a gift, and I'm willing to make them work.

I tried booting them up, both without success. I tried a standard 802.3af PoE switch, then a C3550-24PWR switch, and then the AIR-PWRINJ4 injector without success. I tried removing one or both radio, but I never saw the front led come up blinking and never saw any output in the console (other than the

ÿ character).

The weird issue is that I can always see the line protocol coming up.

Am I missing something? Is there any other test that might shed some light on why those shouldn't boot?

Thanks,

Marco

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
other than the ÿ character).

Is that the only character you see even if you press any characters?

The weird issue is that I can always see the line protocol coming up.

If the line protocol is coming up then your console terminal client is set to the wrong baud rate.  Try everyone of the settings until you see something.

Just to make things easier, do not use the 3550 PWR to power your WAP. 

Is that the only character you see even if you press any characters?      

Yes. I also tried playing with the "mode" button as instructed for the password reset procedure, but didn't do anything.

If the line protocol is coming up then your console terminal client is set to the wrong baud rate.  Try everyone of the settings until you see something.

Tried 1200, 2400, and 4800 bps. 19200, 38400, 57600 and 115200 don't work either. Also tried messing with the flow control and other settings (starting from here) but I'm not sure it's a terminal issue - at least some LED would turn on after plugging the PoE'd ethernet!

Just to make things easier, do not use the 3550 PWR to power your WAP.

Yes, from now on I'll use the power injector (that can support the two radios simultaneously).

marco.bulgarini
Level 1
Level 1

I've managed to get my hands on 2 more of those APs. Now I have a grand total of 4 APs that behave exactly the same - it's quite strange to have 4 same exact fault.

I'm trying to get a 56V PSU, I'll see if anything different with that.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card