Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet Desktop Utility - Unable to Use Windows Authentication for LEAP

Aironet Desktop Utility version 4.5.0.84 does not offer me the option of selecting "Use Windows User Name and Password" during Profile configuration. In fact, within the 802.1x LEAP configuration screen, only 2 of the 3 options are displayed. The 2 options that are displayed are "Prompt automatically for username and password" and "Use saved username and password", the option for "Use Windows username and password" isn't even displayed as a choice.

I have other systems (XP SP2 like this one) that have been configured in the past with this same software and I've been offered and able to use the option of "Use Windows username and password" to authenticate into our corporate domain.

2 Replies 2

Tiago Antunes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi David,

Can you show a screen shot showing the profile config where yo udo not see the option "Use Windows User Name and Password" during Profile configuration?

Thanks,

Tiago

The first screen shot shows the configuration missing the option to "Use Windows User Name and Password" while the second screen shot shows the configuration option that I'm in need of.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card