Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet LAP1142N - Upgrading bootloader

playstation3
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

Once I got LAP1142N from ebay and converted from Lightweight to Autonomous via TFTP but I see there is new IOS came out so it required to upgrade Bootloader which is c1140-boot-m.124-23c.JA1.bin and IOS is c1140-k9w7-tar.152-2.JB.

Currently 1142N running IOS c1140-k9w7-tar.124-25d.JA and Bootloader Version 12.4(18a)JA.

For while few hours ago I kept figuring it out how to upgrade bootloader on website but none of these will help because I got confusing and headache. So is there any instruction that will help me to able to do it?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Command to upgrade the bootloader:  copy tftp:///c1140-boot-m.124-23c.JA1.bin bs

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Command to upgrade the bootloader:  copy tftp:///c1140-boot-m.124-23c.JA1.bin bs

One question, will it able to upgrading via telnet or use Console Terminal?

Whatever suits you.

It seem like it is not work however it said, "Invalid input detected at '^' marker." I have tftp32 running at right file and running telnet on Windows 7.

Please give me some instruction if possible to make easier to make them working property.

Errr  ... Is that "^" pointed at the end of your command?  Can you please end the command with "bs:"?

No it pointed at copy tftp://.......................

^

Sorry I had to use "enable" to make it permission. It worked and finally upgraded. Thanks so much for help!

Glad to be of some assistance. 

Matt Wilson
Level 1
Level 1

OK. So you do copy tftp:///c1140-boot-m.124-23c.JA1.bin bs. Then what? Reload? Copy the upgraded IOS?

Note the colon at the end of bs.

># tftp:///c1140-boot-m.124-23c.JA1.bin bs:

confirm ip address of tftpserver,

confirm override of boot program

># reload

confirm reload

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card