Views
Helpful
Replies

AP-1800 Sensor AP mode

Naz_sys_d
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

When I try set up APs 1832i in Sensor AP mode I have an error - WSA must be enabled before converting an Access Point to Sensor mode. What its mean?

With APs 1600 and 1700 I hadn't this issue.

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

Sensor mode for x8xx APs is intended to use with DNA Assurance. This is a new solution for network monitoring with the AP sending monitoring data to DNA directly. 

You need to have the WLC as a fabric on the DNA Center, then, you can see the stats on the DNA assurance page.

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hi

Sensor mode for x8xx APs is intended to use with DNA Assurance. This is a new solution for network monitoring with the AP sending monitoring data to DNA directly. 

You need to have the WLC as a fabric on the DNA Center, then, you can see the stats on the DNA assurance page.

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

Hello,

Thank you for quick response,
It is unfortunate that there were a lot of restrictions in this APs series.

Thanks.

I also discovered that APs 1600 and 1700 have the same issue in 8.5.x release WLC.
This is not very good for customers, it is not clear why not to leave this function.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: