Views
Helpful
Replies

Ap AIR-CAP3602I-A-K9 Not able to Join in Controller

Sunil Patil
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Berofe some day my AP AIR-CAP3602I-A-K9 is not booting up so we rasied an RMA for that part. So we recived the replacment against same but we try to join Ap in controller but we are getting error. Can any once help us to resolve same.

We tried with below commands

lwapp ap controller ip

lwapp ap ip address

2 Replies 2

Hi Sunil,

Your AP has come with mesh image & not proper local mode image. Below log message indicate that.

flash:/mesh_start_cfg.txt: No such file or directoryThe filesystem containing the variables may not be initialized yet.

*Oct 23 10:32:20.611: %MESH-3-TIMER_EXPIRED: Mesh Lwapp join timer expired

*Oct 23 10:32:20.611: %MESH-3-TIMER_EXPIRED: Mesh Lwapp join failed expired

*Oct 23 10:32:20.611: %MESH-6-LINK_UPDOWN: Mesh station 0006.f64d.6cb3 link Down

If that is the case you have to add AP ethernet mac address onto WLC mac-filter data base (under Security -> MAC filtering)  & then allow AP to register in mesh mode. You can add this entry via WLC CLI as well. Here is the full CLI command syntax

(WLC) >config macfilter add [interface name] [description] [Client IP address]

In your case you can do like this.

(WLC) >config macfilter add 00:06:F6:4D:6C:B3 0 management

Once you do this your AP should register to WLC in mesh mode. Then  you can convert it to local mode via WLC GUI or CLI. Here is the CLI way of doing it

(WLC) >config ap mode local submode none

HTH

Rasika

***** Pls rate all useful responses *****

Issue has been resolved after adding the AP Mac id in Security ->AP Policy.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card