cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP image predonwload

daswann
Level 1
Level 1

Testing AP Image Predownload (two access points 3502i & 3702i. After upgrading controller code to 8.5.135.0 and issuing the ap image predownload all primary command. I notice that the 3502i shows both the new primary and backup image. But the 3702i only shows the new primary:

Please see the attached show ap image all attached. Why would that be? Thanks 

8 Replies 8

Did 3702i had 8.3.x image before hand ?

If you have additional 3702i, pls test it with that & see you see similar behavior

Rasika

Rasika

Yes it had 8.3.133.0 on it. Thanks for reply!

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@daswann wrote:

But the 3702i only shows the new primary:

This is the new "norm" for the 2700/3700. 

The AP can only store two IOS directories (instead of three).

Leo,

I'm only seeing one image the primary, under backup I see 0.0.0.0. when I issue the show ap image all.

Thank You 

That's what I'm saying.

There is often a recovery image there meaning only enough space for 1 IOS.

This change is detailed in: https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvk71897 - AP will delete backup image if free flash size below 10Mb and rcv image present.

FYI this caused another (mostly cosmetic) bug: https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvf71263

Depending on new and old image size deleting the recovery image may allow the AP to hold new and backup image.

Note the recovery image won't show on the WLC.

15 access points model no 3702 After upgrading controller code to 8.5.151.0 and issuing the ap image pre download all primary command. I notice that the 3702 shows both the new primary and backup images. Total 15 access points primary software version showing 8.5.151.0 but back up software version out of 15 only 5 showing 8.2.170,remaining 3.0.151.

"3.0.151.0" means the "backup" firmware is the RCV.
Don't worry about it.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card