cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP **** is being contained. This is due to rogue device spoofing or targeting AP ***** BSSID on 802.11a radio

Jackson26
Level 1
Level 1

I have an issue where users to get kicked out of the Access Points. When I look at the Cisco Prime Infrastructure I get the above message. Can some please explain to me what does this mean and how to fix it. 

thanks 

4 Replies 4

ahsanbilal565
Level 1
Level 1

All the clients getting rejected or particular client is getting rejected? Basically there is feature in controllers to watch for spoofing, so for example if 2 DHCP request coming from same MAC address it will be detected and controller will take action against it, similarly if client has obtain ip through DHCP via particular MAC and its trying to send data through different MAC then this will be issue as well, what you can do is disable spoofing check and see if the issue persists, if not then enable it again and look for some attack in your network

All the clients can't connect after few minutes (losing signal). So, any other wireless signals from nearby company or users can disrupt company wireless, Right? 

Yes earlier i responded for specific message you were getting, there is possibility user unable to connect due to high noise, you can download free wifi scan app and see the noise in the environment, your AP is on fixed channel or it can change channel? also its operating on full or auto power? The first recommended step if noise is suspect is to scan Wi-Fi channel and shift your AP to cleaner channel and see if problem persist, you mentioned you are facing issue on 5 GHz radio, can you confirm if clients are facing issue on particular radio or both radio? Also client doesn't support "n" as you mentioned they are trying to connect on "a", please make sure you enabled all versions and radio (2.4/5 GHz & a/b/g/n)

Craig Phillips
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Jackson26,

Wondering if you ever figured this out? We are having the same problem. My guess is we will have to survey the environment for neighbouring AP's trying to block our signals.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card