Views
Helpful
Replies

AP's not joined

Kasper Roholt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Just replaced a 2106(ver 5.1) with a 5508 (ver.7.2)...Everything was OK.. AP's got on 5508 and we shut the 2106. (AP's are on L2 with controller)

During some investigation of why new LAP's from a location via VPN/GRE don't show up in controller, i type the following command on 5508: test ap pmtu enable all....All AP's on 5508 is now in Not Joined state..

Have powered up the old 2106 and put AP's on that .. This is OK  ....Have rebooted/downgraded/upgraded the 5508 controller but with same result.....No AP's can join this controller (exept from a oeap600)

I really can't pick up why......

Got both controllers online now, so all info can be retreived.

Anyone have a clue?

Regards

Kasper

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

daviwatk
Level 3
Level 3

You mention that you do have "an" AP joined, but it was only an OEAP600.  Have you set

>config network ap-discovery nat-ip-only disabled

so that the WLC will provide both it's internal and NAT IP address to discovery requested?  It sounds like the WLC may be only providing it's external NAT IP to AP discoveries.

If you could provide the console output of the AP during the bootup/discovery process that would be very helpfull.  You could also debug the AP from the WLC

>debug mac addr

>debug capwap errors enable

>debug capwap events enable

and submit that as well.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Jeff Orr
Level 5
Level 5

What model ap?

1131AG-E-K9

I was hoping you were not going to say 1231/1232, as cisco dropped support for these in the 7.2 code. 7.0 is the last code that supported them.

My next guess would be missing mic/self signed cert for the ap OR you have controller set to only allow known APs on. Can you post any relevant logs? Do you see anything under statistics--> AP Join?

Under statistics on 5508 i see NOT JOINED status (sh ap s s all) There is'nt any MAC filter (Don't know about "allow known AP's")?

AP's are joining the "old" controller with no problems...on 5508 i accept all certificates

I would like very much to post any relevant log...but having trouble finding any..... Do you have any debug suggests?

daviwatk
Level 3
Level 3

You mention that you do have "an" AP joined, but it was only an OEAP600.  Have you set

>config network ap-discovery nat-ip-only disabled

so that the WLC will provide both it's internal and NAT IP address to discovery requested?  It sounds like the WLC may be only providing it's external NAT IP to AP discoveries.

If you could provide the console output of the AP during the bootup/discovery process that would be very helpfull.  You could also debug the AP from the WLC

>debug mac addr

>debug capwap errors enable

>debug capwap events enable

and submit that as well.

Thanks for input... Unfortunately i can't get my hands on controllers before later today.... I will definately take a look at the ap-discovery command ...

I will post results later

It was the config network ap-discovery nat-ip-only disable that did the job...It seems that config network ap-discovery nat-ip-only enable is default when configuring NAT (according to CLI command guide)...Or maybe i type it in by accidence.

Thanks for getting me in the right direction :-)

Regards

Kasper

Vinay Sharma
Level 7
Level 7

Hello,

For More information on OEAP-600, please watch the "Community Tech-Talk Series" Cisco Office Extend Access Point OEAP-600

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/wireless-mobility/begin-wireless/blog/2012/02/24/cisco-office-extend-access-point-oeap-600

Thanks,

Vinay Sharma

Community Manager - Wireless

Thanks & Regards
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card