Views
Helpful
Replies

AP SSO with fiber - 7500 WLC

Wellington L
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Recently i implanted the AP SSO in WiSM2 and it is working fine in my client and the modules are in the 6500 in VSS configuration.

I have another environment with 7500 where the client have two 7500 very distant one from another.

In this situation i will need fiber but i don't know if i can use fiber to do AP SSO in 7500 WLC.

I was reading the deployment guide and it specifies the ethernet ports

Here you can see the Redundant Port Connectivity between Flex 7500 WLCs in an HA setup:

high-availability-dg-03.gif

Note: A direct physical connection between Active and Standby Redundant Ports is highly recommended. The distance between the connections can go up to 100 meters at per ethernet cable standards.

Someone know if i can use fiber to do AP SSO ? Using the fiber port 2 from 7500_01 to communicate with fiber port 2 in 7500_02

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What you need to understand is that TAC will not support it.  So one way you can do it is to connect it to a switchport and extend that layer 2 vlan to the other 7500.  I don't know about the fiber ports being used.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What you need to understand is that TAC will not support it.  So one way you can do it is to connect it to a switchport and extend that layer 2 vlan to the other 7500.  I don't know about the fiber ports being used.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card