cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP Up Time

Mo52
Level 1
Level 1

We have two 2602 APs listed on a WiSM, running 8.5.140, that show an Up Time of 75d and 8d.  However, these two APs appear in that order as the last two APs on the WiSM.  Also, the VLANs default every night to the native VLAN instead of retaining the VLANs we've configured for them.  These APs show up as the last two APs, spots usually reserved for those APs with the most recent reset for the Up Time.  Any one have any ideas as to why this may be occurring?  Thanks!

2 Replies 2

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
It's possible that they loose the connection to the WLC for a short time and then regain it. In such a case they don't reboot, but might get put back into the last row.
Regarding the VLANs, sounds like you have somewhere some script running.

I’m not sure to your native vlan issue. I’m assuming it’s defaulting on the switch? If you are running ISE it might not be profiling correctly and putting those ports into another vlan. 

As for why those show up In than that particular spot is that the APs are not rebooting, they are only resetting due to a new IP I assume. Anytime an AP has some type of reset whether it’s a hard reboot or loss of communication to the wlc it will show as the last APs on the wlc.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card