cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP1230B won't work with Power Supply

techie2008_2
Level 1
Level 1

We have several of these access points that we have been using in a building using POE.  We have replaced them with newer Cisco's and we are going to put these 1230's in other buildings.  However, they will not work with the power supply.  When we we reset them to reconfigure they just go to the blinking status light and stay there.   They don't get an IP address and can't be configured.  When we attach them to POE, they get an IP address and work fine.  After configuring them, if we put them back on the power supply they go back to not working.  We have updated the firmware on one of them and it did not make a difference.  Any ideas?  The department is stumped!

7 Replies 7

dmantill
Level 4
Level 4

what power supply are you using? model specs?

It's a Cisco.  Input:  100-240V  0.5A   Output:  48V  0.38A

I have that same one on my 1240...

maybe a bad power supply?

did you tested any other power supply?

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 1:42 PM, techie2008 <

We have tested several power supplies and several of the 1230's.  The power supplies are brand new.  They came with the 1130's that we put in place of the 1200's.  They are running on POE so we didn't need them.

any console ouput?

could you please add it too with the show tech and show logs?

The console does work.  I will try those commands and see what I get.

What is the exact model of switch is the 1230 connected to?  2900/3500XL or 2940/2950/2955?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card