Views
Helpful
Replies

ap1241 - single direction signalling

chialun
Level 1
Level 1

dear sir,

We are trying to install the ap1241 with special antenna / antenna booster that could deliver single line direction of signal. The ap1241 will serve to the end user in noisy environment with surrounded by machines. We understood that ap1241 comes with default 2 cisco antenna . The 2 cisco antenna are working together to roam and broadcasting the signal. We are looking some kind of antenna or booster that could plug into the ap1241 and able tp focus the signal to only one direction . Please advise.

Your effort shall be highly appreciated.

thanks.

9 Replies 9

bcolvin
Level 3
Level 3

Charles

see my answer to your other question as to how to survey for the coverage you are describing. for the configuration you are describing you definatly need to test/survey before installing.

for your solution I would use a patch/directional antenna. the following link is a list of approved antennas.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps7183/ps469/product_data_sheet09186a008022b11b_ps6521_Products_Data_Sheet.html

Hope this helps

Bill

Hi Bill ,fella5 and all,

Thank you for your good information . Based on the link , can you please propose me any antenna "part no" that you felt will fit for cisco ap1241 ? With that 2 unit of antenna, it will fully satisfied the expectation.

thanks. I'll rate you guys extreme helpful ! :D thank you so much.

mirek.tichy_2
Level 1
Level 1

You need a directional antena. Good antena is the best booster. Look for antena gain and radiation pattern diversity. You can choose a Cisco or third party one. In the case of the third party one pay attention about connector (Cisco uses reverse TNC which is not just common).

You said Aironet has two connectors. It is for diversity operation. If you need one directional link switch the diversity of by command :

interface Dot11Radio 0 (1)

antena receive right

antena transmit right

I hope this will help

hi mirek,

thank you for responses, you got any antenna "part no" recommendation from cisco or 3rd party to fit cisco ap1241 that could perform single direction signalling?

please advise.

thanks.

Hi,

we have too little info. Try to draw some sketch with distances and angles and write something about the oposite side (client). If you like post it to my e-mail.

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Take a look at the link Bill poseted. Depending on how far you need the signal, will depend on the dBi gain that is required on the antenna and TX power on the radio. You might want to use a diversity patch since you mentioned machinery around the area.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Take a look at thia antenna: AIR-ANT2465P-R

This doc will shed more light on approximate coverage.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps7183/ps469/product_data_sheet09186a008022b11b_ps6521_Products_Data_Sheet.html

-Scott

Excellent choice

Thanks for picking up hte ball Scott

I actually had to work today

Bill

I know the feeling.... haha... but then there are day's you work from home ;)

Like me today!

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: