Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Apple Devices ISE GUEST REDIRECT

Dears,

All our devices connecting to corporate SSID and Guest SSID

when connecting to Guest SSID all devices connect and  been redirected to  ISE Guert portal

BUT APPLE devices just stays on loading page to Ise server page for guest portal and nothing happens

i used 

config network captive bypass command and reboot it doesnt help

23 Replies 23

Hi Swathy,

Thanks for your reply. We already have Cisco TAC for this case but still no update/resolution.

Regards,

Mady

Hi Mady,

This issue just got resolved. Now all the apple devices can auto prompt the captive portal. We just added two acls to deny access (outbound and inbound) to captive.apple.com and www.appleiphonecell.com. Below is the bug ID related to this issue.

P.S : All the Apple devices in our environment are running the latest version.

CSCuj18674
Description
Symptom:
When attempting to access the Guest Portal with an Apple iOS 7 device while the WLC "Captive Portal Bypass" feature is enabled, the web sheet on the device still appears, preventing the user from continuing the flow.

Conditions:
The Apple device is running Apple iOS 7.

Workaround:
In the ACL on the WLC used for captive portal redirection and exemption of special traffic for the Guest Portal, add exemptions for the IP resources that resolve from "www.appleiphonecell.com" and "captive.apple.com" FQDNs.

IMPORTANT NOTE: These IP addresses are associated with the FQDNs of "www.appleiphonecell.com" and "captive.apple.com" and are subject to change by the entities hosting those domains. If the IP addresses do change, the ACL would need to reflect that.

Hi Swathy,

Thank you for the information. We will try this recommendation.

Regards,

Mady

Hello everyone,

We got the same issue here.

Two WLCs one with version 8.2.110.0 the other with 8.0.133.0.

We tried to add the ACL, domain-name of domain.com, added the bypass, reloaded the WLC but still no luck, the Iphone devices doesn't do the redirect automatically.

The iOS version is 9.3.2

Any ideas how we can solve it?

Thanks!

Same here I am not getting an Auto redirect and even going to a browser on the phone and trying to browse to a site may take trying 5 different sites before finally getting the AUP redirect.  I know that with appl phones it is possible that as soon as you connect to the WIFI Safari opens the broswer to the redirect page because I have experienced it myself at several locations.

Neno,

That is not correct. I have customers on older versions of AireOS code and with users on the latest iOS firmware with no issues. 

-Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Is the apple user going to a HTTPS page when they are trying to access the CWA? If so try a non HTTPS page ..

Hard to follow what exactly is going on.

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

We  cant use http, ise have option only for https

i'm using  cisco ise and meraki AP .  we are not getting an auto redirect on macbooks, we must manually open browser and try to type different sites after several retries guest portal comes 

DO YOU HAVE ANY SOLUTIONS ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card