Views
Helpful
Replies

Apple Iphone Connectivity Issue

yakubpangat
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

I'm using Cisco WLC 2504 with 4 SSID in our company. When I try to connect second SSID by using Iphone, it showing an error like "unable to join to the network". If I completely forget the first SSID, then I can connect easily to second one. I tried the same step using android smart phone and laptop. I can switch between SSID with out disconnect or forget.

So hope your support to solve this issue.

Thanks and regars

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Is this issue consistent or intermittent ? Did you check with different iOS version of iPhones ?

Also check if fast-ssid change enable (Controller > General > Fast SSID change)

HTH

Rasika

View solution in original post

Hi,

I'm notice "Fast SSID Change" has a weird issue :

My AP broadcast 2 SSIDs:
Office - 802.1x Local Switching , VLAN40
Guest- PSK Local Switching , VLAN80

With "Fast SSID Change" enabled, client jumps from "Office" to "Guest" (on the same AP) and assigned wrong VLAN, the fact that client assigned to VLAN99, which is AP-management VLAN

With "Fast SSID Change" disable, client jumps from "Office" to "Guest" (on the same AP) and assigned to VLAN80, it's fine but Apple clients(iPhone, iPad)  have to rejoin 2 times, the first time always failed and the second time always successful.

Thanks

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Is this issue consistent or intermittent ? Did you check with different iOS version of iPhones ?

Also check if fast-ssid change enable (Controller > General > Fast SSID change)

HTH

Rasika

Dear Manannalage...

Thanks your prompt support. My issue solved when I enabled fast ssid

Thanks for your support

Nice to hear that & thanks for rating our responses as well.

Rasika

Hi,

I'm notice "Fast SSID Change" has a weird issue :

My AP broadcast 2 SSIDs:
Office - 802.1x Local Switching , VLAN40
Guest- PSK Local Switching , VLAN80

With "Fast SSID Change" enabled, client jumps from "Office" to "Guest" (on the same AP) and assigned wrong VLAN, the fact that client assigned to VLAN99, which is AP-management VLAN

With "Fast SSID Change" disable, client jumps from "Office" to "Guest" (on the same AP) and assigned to VLAN80, it's fine but Apple clients(iPhone, iPad)  have to rejoin 2 times, the first time always failed and the second time always successful.

Thanks

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card