Views
Helpful
Replies

Apple MacBook Pro dropping wireless connection

s-pirrello
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have many MacBook pros that are having a hard time staying connected on wireless.  Often times a user can be connected for only minutes at a time.  Our wireless environment consists of 1142s and 3502 series access points.  We use WPA2 Enterprise for authentication via ACS server 5.x.

The Windows 7 machines usually never have an issue.  Can someone please provide some insight.?

*we use Lion OSX on our Macs.

This Discussion has been converted into a Document:- https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-26228    

62 Replies 62

Martin
Level 1
Level 1

It affects 2 iPhone 4S's neither jail broken

But I think I can see your point about it being an issue with the iPhone but while in work there is no issue and that's with the same heads but using a wireless controller and lightweight heads

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

aijazbeigh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am facing the isue with dell laptops. Same model with same version would work absolutely fine. but few of them wont. They will connect work for a minute and then drop off. they seem to be little better while connecting using webauthentication on same Wifi network on Guest SSID.

If I modify wifi properties of the latop to use on 802.11a only. it resolves issue but the problem but since user use same device at home or while travelling they would not like this to be done everytime.

Thanks

Aijaz

You should start your own post.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card