cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Apple OS 6 Not Working on Open Access Network

daniel.keith
Level 1
Level 1

I am beginning to get many emails from users who have recently upgraded to OS6 and saying now they cannot connect to our open access wireless network. We use a separate server that users must agree to a user agreement page and they say they get it, but after agreeing, it goes blank and they cannot connect. Has anyone else noticed this or heard of it and is there a fix available or a setting I need to change? I am using mostly Cisco 3502's with the 5508 controller using 7.0.112.0 IOS version. Nobody in our IT department has yet to test OS6 yet.

Thanks in advance.

Dan

9 Replies 9

Erik Boss
Level 1
Level 1

The latest 7.2 of 7.3 version has more Apple IOS functionality in it then your current version.

We have some customers also compaining with Apple devices not working well with Cisco wireless.

Android and Windows Phone works great.

Or don't use Apple ;-)

Regards,

Erik

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I see a few comments about possible iOS6 issues. I tested a 3500, 7.0.235.0 code with a iPad2 and a 4s both on ios6 and dont have any issues.

I would try and see this for yourself.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I will have to agree with George. I have tested the iOS 6 with an iPad3 and iPhone 4 with 7.2 an 7.3 along with 3500's an 3600's and no issues.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

I don't know if I want to jump to 7.2 or 7.3 just yet. I am still on 7.0.116.0, although 7.0.235.3 might be the way to go? Any issues with this version?

Dan

I am on 7.0.230.0 and I cant reproduce the issue with 4s or iPad 2

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Have you tried with iPad 3? I am hearing the same issues with those.

I tested just now, but of course with 7.3... My iphone 4 gets a blank screen after I enter the login, but I'm connected.  My ipad2 after I connect and enter the credentials pops up the window and disappears and I'm connected.  My ipad3 after I enter the credentials pops up a window with a success on the top left side.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

daniel.keith
Level 1
Level 1

I have read lots of posts on Apple forums about the wireless getting completely broke after the upgrade. I have yet to read anything official from either Apple or Cisco on this problem.

You probably will not, but I heard that Apple apologized about the map software in IOS6:) So you never know

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: