Views
Helpful
Replies

Apple TV Streaming not working with WLC 2504

Ajin Skariah
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a Cisco WLC 2504 with software version 8.2.110.0 and APs 1702 and 2602. Everything is working except Apple TV streaming. The apps installed (youtube, browsing, etc) in the Apple TV box are working perfectly fine. Only the Apple TV streaming is not working. Any help on this is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ajin Skariah.

5 Replies 5

Hi,

IveI seen some similar discussion here about this, although personally didn't test.

Usually you work with multicast or you can play with mDNS. I got this steps from another thread:

-Broadcast Forwarding enabled

-AP Multicast mode- Multicast- Address- 239.255.0.12

-Multicast Enabled

-IGMP Snooping Enabled

-mDNS- Apple TV and Air tunes are checked.  The mDNS profile is selected under both wlans.

Make sure you have similar config.

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

lucaslara
Level 1
Level 1

Please,

Look the release notes from WLC 2504.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/release/notes/crn81.html#pgfId-1282964

Cisco removed support for bonjour gateway on the 2504 on v8.1.x.  If you need to support bonjour in different vlans, then you need to use v8.0.x.  Hope this helps.

Hi, 

Thanks for the reply. So you're saying Apple streaming will not work with any software versions from 8.1 ?? Only resolution is to downgrade the controller to 8.0 ??

Apple utilize the Airplay to share the screen however they use Bonjour protocol, so i belive the one way to make it works is making a downgrade of the firmware.

Saravanan Lakshmanan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Yes, Cisco removed certain features on 2504 after 8.0 to save space to support new features.
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card