cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASK THE EXPERTS - CISCO CLEAN AIR

ciscomoderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to the Cisco Networking Professionals Ask the Expert conversation.   This is an opportunity to learn about the last generation of access points from Cisco and the integration of the clean air technology to locate and mitigate interferences with Nicolas Darchis and Federico Ziliotto. Nicolas is a wireless and Authentication, Authorization and Accounting expert for the Technical Assistance Center at Cisco Europe. He has been troubleshooting wireless networks, wireless management tools, and security products including Cisco Secure Access Control Server or Cisco Network Access Control since 2007. He also focuses on filing technical and documentation bugs. Nicolas holds a bachelor's degree in computer networking from the Haute Ecole Rennequin Sualem and a master's degree in computer science from the University of Liege. He also holds CCIE Wireless certification #25344.  Federico is a Customer Support Engineer at the Cisco Technical Assistance Center in Belgium, where he specializes in solving high-severity issues in wireless networks, network admission control setups, identity based networking and 802.1X setups, Authentication, Authorization and Accounting solutions, and Cisco TrustSec. He holds an engineering degree from the University of Padova, Italy, with specialization in telecommunications. Federico holds CCIE Wireless certification.

Remember to use the rating system to let Nicolas and Federico know if you have received an adequate response.

Nicolas and Federico might not be able to answer each question due to the volume expected during this event. Our moderators will post many of the  unanswered questions in other discussion forums shortly after the  event. This event lasts through January 14, 2011. Visit this forum often to view responses to your questions and the questions of other community members.

37 Replies 37

Thanks for the quick replies everyone.

Nicolas,

When you mention "but 20 meters from the AP on a horizontal plane, you'll get nothing" is the 20 meters the maximum distance of the "dome" so to speak? The library has a very high ceiling and we've already recommended no placement on the ceiling. We'll most likely place them in a grid like system on the concrete pillars as cabling and conduit routing are a bit difficult.

Thanks,

Craig

The number "20" was a random value. I actually never measured how many meters the coverage goes when the AP is placed on a wall because it's not supposed to :-)

I don't know the maximum heigth that people put the AP and still had good coverage

Stanley2020
Level 1
Level 1

Hello;

I have a deployment of 5508 WLCs and 3500i APs.  I have CleanAir configured and enabled.  I am constantly getting Interference threshold violations, however, when I look at the CleanAir Interferer Count in WCS there are no devices listed.  Could it be that since these APs are in local mode that the interferer is not on channel 1, 6, or 11? 

Thanks

Stan

Hi Stan, sorry but the event was closed. Don't hesitate to ask your question in the forum directly

Amer Salem
Level 1
Level 1

hi,
i need to your advise regard below matter:
i have router and switch and Aironnet 1210 AP,so i need to creat two network on the AP one for emplyees and other one for Guest but the Guest network for internet only.

how can i do that?

Hi Amer, please post your question directly in the forum. This "ask the expert" event is only about clean air (which is not your question) and is also closed since some time.

Nicolas

harisivaji
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

Iam new to this field of Wireless network. I got a basic doubt that how many enduser device this 3502i can support at a time.

Thanks,

hari

" This  event lasts through January 14, 2011"

Please open your separate question for that instead of unburying an old event.

thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: