cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Authentication Error

gojericho0
Level 1
Level 1

I am currently upgraded my 871W to AdvanceIPServices 12.4(22)T IOS which was done to fix a bug with not broadcasting my SSID.

Since then I have been having authentication issues. I am using WPA with PSK. My PC and the rest of the network devices can connect to the wireless router initially, but if the connection is terminated for whatever reason and I attempt to reconnect a device I receive an authentication error.

Attached is my current configuration. Any help would be appreciated

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Couple of questions, are you using the 87x as a bridge? do you have reallllllly old devices in your network? If not:

dot11 ssid cisco

vlan 1 <---not needed

authentication open

authentication shared <---not needed

authentication key-management wpa

guest-mode

infrastructure-ssid <---not needed

From the config, you don't need to have the VLAN statement in the SSID, and you don't need the sub-interface under the radio. Just put the main interface in bridge-group 1.

HTH,

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Couple of questions, are you using the 87x as a bridge? do you have reallllllly old devices in your network? If not:

dot11 ssid cisco

vlan 1 <---not needed

authentication open

authentication shared <---not needed

authentication key-management wpa

guest-mode

infrastructure-ssid <---not needed

From the config, you don't need to have the VLAN statement in the SSID, and you don't need the sub-interface under the radio. Just put the main interface in bridge-group 1.

HTH,

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Steve not sure why, but when i took the authentication shared command out it started working properly.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card