Views
Helpful
Replies

Autonomous APs in LWAP Environment...

cmanvar700
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

i have a client who allready implemented WLAN System with Cisco 4402 Controller and 1242 Access Points, now the controller's AP limit is full as it is maximum will support of 50 APs. now cleint doesn't want to invest more money with IT budget, so is there any problems if we are usign FAT APs which is not associated to WLC at all.

why am in this group is because of cleint is planning to impliment VOIP over WLAN as well, so is there will be any issues with mobilty in this case..???

thanks,

Anvar

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

hello Anvar,

if WLC mark it as rogue and has auto contain , it will send de-authentication frames.... causing client disconnections

however you can create rules , and add your autonomus AP's as frindly to WLC , so we avoid marking as rogue and trying to contian... that is why i said you have to be careful :-)

Kind regards

Talal

===========
please rate answers that you find useful , and mark as answered - when it is :-) - so others can find it easily

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

tfraij
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Anvar,

for romaing (mobility) it wouldn't work between autonomous (Fat) and LWAPP...and if voice phone move between AP (Fat) to WLC , it will loose connection and initiate new one.

also you would have possibilites of WLC marking autonomous AP and its cliets as rogue... so you have to be carful on that :-)

Kind regards

=========

Talal
please rate answers that you find useful , and mark as answered - when it is :-) - so others can find it easily

Hi Talal,

what is problem if WLC marked FAT APs and its cleints as rouge ? will it affect communication betwean 2 clients in both sides, i mean will it block communication betwean LWAPP clients and Fat Clients.

thanks,

Anvar

hello Anvar,

if WLC mark it as rogue and has auto contain , it will send de-authentication frames.... causing client disconnections

however you can create rules , and add your autonomus AP's as frindly to WLC , so we avoid marking as rogue and trying to contian... that is why i said you have to be careful :-)

Kind regards

Talal

===========

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Shouldn't be.  What's your autonomous AP config like?

I have mixed LWAP and autonomous in our network.  Works fine with wireless VoIP (7921 & 7925).

Hi Leo,

if your phones are at both ends ( i mean ONE at FAT Gorup and Another ONE at LWAPP group ) can it talk each other ?

like it the ONE at FAT side was even at roaming in betwean FAT Groups still it can talk to LWAPP Phone Cleint without any disconnection.??

thanks,

Anvar

Yes.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card