cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bandwidth analysis EOIP tunnel

abinaya.2.r
Level 1
Level 1

I have a cisco WLC  model AIR-CT2504-K9 on version 8.3.143.0  serving as local WLC  and anchor WLC AIR-CT5508-K9 running on version 8.0.152.0.

I am planning to put another local WLC model AIR-CT2504-K9 version 8.0.133.0 to form EOIP tunnel with this anchor WLC. 

How do i consider the bandwidth analysis here? I Want to make sure that EIOP tunnel will not impact current bandwidth utilisation levels.

6 Replies 6

abinaya.2.r
Level 1
Level 1

I wanted to know how much bandwidth will be utilized on EOIP tunnel for around 20 users

Two things, upgrade the other WLC also to 8.0.152.0 instead of 8.0.133.0.
Second, the bandwidth completely depends on the usage scenario. The encryption itself adds maybe 5-10% overhead (I guess). Now you must find out how much data your users might transfer, add the overhead, remove the amount that can be locally split away and you have a guess.

Incase there are 20 people connecting to the anchor WLC over EOIP, how to calculate how much bandwidth they are using over the EOIP and if I anchor another foreign WLC to the same anchor WLC, how much is expected for another set of 10 users

That completely depends on the data those users are expected to transfer! I can't guess that.

Do they need to watch/edit 4k videos over the link? Is it just e-mail and Word? .... Once you know how much data they can/should transfer, add another 20% for the encryption, just to be on the safe side.

ok. But Is there a way to calculate the current bandwidth utilized on EOIP tunnel.?

No idea, but you could look at the interface usage, if all the traffic goes through the tunnel.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card