cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bridge Autonomous 1252 AP to lightweight WLAN

deezturner1
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco WLC 5508 managing several 1252s in lightweight mode.  There is a portable across campus that has a standalone network but no cabling to tie in to the corporate network.  I have another 1252 that is in autonomous mode.  Could I essentially configure that as a bridge with the same security and SSID in order to bridge the corporate WLAN?  If not, what are my options?  Regards, Dee

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That looks like the one. Basically you're going to take the autonomous ap and make it the WGB configured to connect to your SSID. You can have up to 254 devices behind a WGB normally, that might be different with CUWN though. That doc should tell you the limitations.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Depending on how many clients you need to support you could look into WGB. it won't give you wireless users but it will get you wired users

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for your response, Stephen.  I'm a little familiar with WGB and have read how you can set up APs to be bridges etc.  Considering that I have a WLC managing several Lightweight APs that make up a WLAN w/ WPA2 and a SSID, how would I implement WGB from the WLC/Lightweight AP's to bridge to the unwired, autonomous AP or Vice Versa.  Which AP would be the root?

Just a bit more information if you could.  I really appreciate it.

Regards,

Dee

I think this article explains what i need, Stepen.  Would yo agree?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6366/products_configuration_example09186a0080905cea.shtml#diag

Regards,

Dee

That looks like the one. Basically you're going to take the autonomous ap and make it the WGB configured to connect to your SSID. You can have up to 254 devices behind a WGB normally, that might be different with CUWN though. That doc should tell you the limitations.

HTH,
Steve

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card