Views
Helpful
Replies

Broadcast does not pass WLC 2504

v_sapunov
Level 1
Level 1

Good day.

I can’t configure Sonos via WIFI network. Built on CIsco WLC 2504.

Attachment Scheme.

When setting up, you need to press the buttons on Sonos and it starts sending broadcast pacet to the network at the address 255.255.255.255. which the phone connected to the wireless network should see. The controller does not skip broadcast pacet. Enabled in the controller settings

Broadcast forwarding
Enable Global Multicast Mode

May be someone knows how to allow the passage of broadcast pacet through the controller?

19 Replies 19

Next thing I would do, is to configure a SPAN port on the Cisco to mirror the packets of the Sonos and check if it gets the broadcasts and replies to them. Who knows, maybe the Sonos has some defect?

Try an earlier code version on the WLC like 8.3.122.0, see if it changes anything. Think I 've seen issue with 8.5 on certain "multicast" and broadcast traffic flows.

Hello,

fun with Sonos, every day when you have change anything....

I try it 2 years a go or longer....

Just in the moment, i have the problem that the 3 speaker on ap1 play togher and the two speaker at ap2. but all together, no!

but.... befor i schutdown the ssid for one hour, its run without problems.

To install the Sonos, take a pc oder mac with lan connection and connect the sonos speaker with the lan (same vlan with internet connection).

It its run, you can bring up the speaker in the wireless lan.

Norbert

Thank you all for your help. 

The problem is resolved.
The decision was trivial. The management interface of the WLC controller did not have L3 connectivity with the interface Dynamic AP Management to which the points were connected. 

It seems that all broadcasts are redirected through it.

Interesting.. I look at our WLC and the Management interface is the dynamic AP interface... same issue though (unable to join Arc/Playbar with sub). I do have a 'service interface' is this what you are talking about?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card