cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can a 1552E use a AIR-ANT5114P2M-N= (14 dBi, dual polarized patch)

Aaron Box
Level 1
Level 1

Can a 1552E use a AIR-ANT5114P2M-N= (14 dBi, dual polarized patch)? We are wanting to do a point to point link with 5ghz band. We do not want to have to buy the 1662EU it would make us upgrade code from 7.2 to 7.3 or 7.4. I am not looking to ever use b/g on the access point. I see no need for the EU and having 3 seperate b/g antenna ports since I will never use it.

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I was told last year that you would not be able to.  Cisco mentioned last year at Cisco live that people wanted to be able to use a patch antenna to be able to bridge with greater distance between the two mesh ap's.  The answer was the 1552EU, but that is not the answer you want.  If your looking to just bridge, you should look at the Exalt r5005 that Cisco resells.  I have installed these a various clients and are pretty reliable and they work.  You can get a max of 160mbps half duplex on these unit and are cheaper than the 1552EU.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks, but im not really interested in the exalt system... What throughput do you think the 1552eu would be capable of at .2 miles?

Take a look at the MESH calculator as it can give you of an idea of what you might achieve. The one thing when using this tool is that it assumes you have line of sight.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/1550/range/calculator/1552_Link_Calculator_V1.xls

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card