cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I connect two CT5760 (Wireless) fow HA just with one stack cable?

Jorge Cantillo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I have two CT5760 so but just one of them came with a stack cable. Can I do a HA connection with just one STK cable, I friend of mine intentend to do this ask yesteday and he sent me this output:

WLC#show switch stack-ports summary

Sw#/Port#  Port Status  Neighbor  Cable Length   Link OK   Link Active   Sync OK   #Changes to LinkOK  In Loopback  
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1/1        DOWN         NONE      Unknown        Yes       No            Yes       0                   No           
1/2        DOWN         NONE      Unknown        Yes       No            Yes       0                   No     

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

you should be able to do it with just one cable, per the 5760 HA guide, two is recommended for a 'full ring':

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/5700/software/release/ios_xe_33/5760_HA_DG_iosXE33.html#pgfId-43194

HTH,

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

you should be able to do it with just one cable, per the 5760 HA guide, two is recommended for a 'full ring':

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/5700/software/release/ios_xe_33/5760_HA_DG_iosXE33.html#pgfId-43194

HTH,

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Steve. I will try it today. I've seen both controllers are using Version 03.02.03.SE RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2) and the Part number is:

NAME: "Switch 1", DESCR: "AIR-CT5760-6"
PID: AIR-CT5760        , VID: V03

Do you know what mean the last 6 of the description?

Thnks

Jorge

according to that document, it is the SKU

HTH

Steve

HTH,
Steve

Thanks Steve, I upgraded to IOS XE 03.03.04SE in order to support HA.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card