cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't Access 2802i Access Point via Telnet

m.s.rees1
Level 1
Level 1

We have just put out a new controller (WLC 5520) with a number of AIR-AP2802I model access points. All working fine but cannot connect to them via telnet. The option is globally configured to allow telnet to all APs but we just get the error 'could no open connection to the host'. We have 1 x 1602i at the same site on the same controller all configured in the same way and we are able to telnet to this one no problems. Can someone tell me if the 2802's need something more to get telnet to work, maybe a command on the AP's themselves?

Thanks.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

J. H.
Level 1
Level 1

Seems like there is a bug with the combination of WLC (5508 running 8.3.133.0 in my case) with AP2802I, it is not possible to enable telnet via GUI (neither in Global or AP Specific). Works fine with older models. Enabling SSH works fine though.

View solution in original post

I've recently learned that SSH is the only option on this model, as telnet doesn't seem to be supported. Thanks for your reply.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

J. H.
Level 1
Level 1

Seems like there is a bug with the combination of WLC (5508 running 8.3.133.0 in my case) with AP2802I, it is not possible to enable telnet via GUI (neither in Global or AP Specific). Works fine with older models. Enabling SSH works fine though.

I've recently learned that SSH is the only option on this model, as telnet doesn't seem to be supported. Thanks for your reply.
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card