cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't install the license for the the Virtual WIreless controller vWLC 8.1.102.

Vlad Voronko
Level 1
Level 1

I can't install the license for the Virtual WIreless controller vWLC version 8.1.102.

In the web interface there is no option "License Commands".

Please tell me how to add a license via CLI?

The illustration below.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Just since software 8.1 there is no need to install a license file on the vWLC anymore, it is based on a trust model now. You can just configure the AP count you have and save the license somewhere as "proof" that you really bought that license count. You can find more information in this Q&A.

Please rate useful posts.. :-)

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Helo mohanak.

Demo RTU licenses are now working.

I received after registering cisco.com a new license. I am unable to add a new license in wlc.

What is the CLI command i can add a new license?

license add ap-count  - not upload and install license, right?

Just since software 8.1 there is no need to install a license file on the vWLC anymore, it is based on a trust model now. You can just configure the AP count you have and save the license somewhere as "proof" that you really bought that license count. You can find more information in this Q&A.

Please rate useful posts.. :-)

I wish I would've found this earlier this morning. :-) It would've saved me about an hour trying to figure out where to download the licenses. Page 27 in the following shows you the steps on how to do it.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/8-1/KVM/b_CUWN8-1-vWLC-Deployment-Guide-using-LinuxKVM.pdf

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card