cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot get into ROMMON

terry.davis5
Level 1
Level 1

I have an 1231 AP that the incorrect image was loaded on. This AP had a lightweight image loaded instead of a normal IOS image and as such the device was not prepared for lightweight mode and constantly reboots since not all of the appropriate files and settings are present. I would like to reload the correct image but I cannot get into ROMMON mode. I tried powering down the unit and holding down the mode switch until you an amber light when reapplying power and also tried it until a red mode light comes on. Neither will boot the device to ROMMON mode. I have also tried to hit the ESC key when the flash image starts to load but nothing puts it into ROMMON. Are there any other steps that I can use to get it into ROMMON?

Thanks

Terry                  

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Try to hold the reset for 10 seconds then release.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You don't need to get into ROMMON to get this back to IOS.  You just need to do the mode button recovery.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/conversion/lwapp/upgrade/guide/lwapnote.html#wp160918

Just make sure you use the correct IOS version for your AP.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

terry.davis5
Level 1
Level 1

Steve,

That procedure got me back to a normal IOS. I had seen that procedure but for some reason I thought it did not apply to my situation.

Thank you very much

Terry

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card