Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot turn up radios on AIR-CAP1552E-E-K9

Aileron88
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a Cisco 2504 WLC with 10 x 3602I's that are working fine but I cannot get the AIR-CAP1552E-E-K9  to power up the radios.  I have the inline power injector installed (AIR-PWRINJ1500-2=) and under the advanced menu I've got the power injector option ticked. Problem is under the interfaces tab I have 802.11b/g/n as admin enable but operational down. The antennas are 3 x AIR-ANT2547V-N.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Adam

6 Replies 6

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

what is the regulatory domain of your 3602? the 1552 you have are for Europe.

So if your WLC is set for US, the radios in the 1552 won't work unless you enabled a European domain. But if you are in the US, it would be best to get your partner to replace them with the -A-K9 model.

HTH,

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Hi,

They're all E domains as I'm in Europe and the bands are showing as supported. 

Thanks

Adam

interesting.....are you selected for injector override?

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yep :)

hmm..Ok, if you do an admin disable, and then an admin enable. Does the radio turn on?

Would it be possible for you to gather the console messages during boot up and join?

HTH,

Steve

HTH,
Steve

Hi Steve,

If I admin disable and then try to re-enable I get an error saying that the admin status could not be changed. I'll try and get the console output tomorrow from the on site tech.

thanks,

Adam

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card