cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CAPWAP tunnel flapping

Joe Clark
Level 1
Level 1

A couple of weeks ago we did an upgrade to controller code 7.0.235.3 on our WiSM's and upgraded WCS to 7.0.230.0.

Since then, I have one AIR-LAP1252AG-A-K9 that will not stay up.

AP04

CAPWAP Up Time 4 h 13 m 46 s
CAPWAP Join Taken Time 1 m 22 s

Users keep complaining about getting kicked off or not being able to join.

There is another 1252 AP on the same switch that feeds this one that seems to be working ok, so I don't think it's a network issue.

AP03

CAPWAP Up Time 6 d 3 h 27 m 41 s
CAPWAP Join Taken Time 25 s

Any idea if the code upgrade would have anything to do with this?  Could it be a hardware issue or a cabling issue?

Users did not report this problem until after the upgrade.

9 Replies 9

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

On AP04, what does the swicth interface look like ? How is it configured and are there any errors on this port ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Both ports are configured the same.  No errors on either port.

Hi,

i would advise you to remove all content on the flash, and try again.

it's always better to do so when facing a problem after the upgrade.

Is this something I can do from the controller or WCS or do I need to console into the AP and delete the flash?

Erwin Salazar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Joe,

What are the AP logs showing?  Also, on the controller web interface under Monitor > Statistics > AP Join, what do you see under Last Error Summary?

Cheers, Erwin ______________________________________ How helpful was I? Don't forget to rate me when you have the chance!

Saravanan Lakshmanan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are both the APs connected to same ASIC set of the switch, try moving the affected AP to different switch port or switch itself.

Joe Clark
Level 1
Level 1

AP's are connected on fa0/13 and 14.  Swapped ports and power injectors, still had the same issue.

Here is the AP log from today

Joe -- I might open a TAC case for this. As this is impacting your user performance.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."