Views
Helpful
Replies

cb21ag, windows 2000, novell client32 4.8, and leap

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

We have two problems.

1) After installing the card and software we get a winlogon.exe failure at boot followed by a quick windows bluescreen and reboot. This continues until you go into safemode and remove the software/drivers. If I uninstall Novell client32 and then re-install I no longer have this problem. As soon as I re-install client32 the problem occurs again.

2) If I leave client32 off I do not get a dhcp address. I show associated in the AP but the DHCP fails.

Any ideas?

6 Replies 6

Not applicable

Sounds like you are hitting the bug CSCed84100

I followed up with our development engineers and he said that the release for the code that fixes CSCed84100 is targeted for June 18th.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

I just installed the latest Win-Client-802.11a-b-g-Ins-Wizard-v1.exe and observered continual reboots too. After booting in Safe mode I removed all previous versions and the thing installed, but the card locks up my PC whenever its inserted into the PC. Ugh!!

I had the same issue with XP. I had to boot into safe mode and I then uninstalled just the Utility but kept the driver. I rebooted and the ran through the wizard installing the Utility. It works now.... Had problems on two XP machines. I can't get Windows 2000 to work.... blue screen all the time.

-Scott

I had the same issue with XP. I had to boot into safe mode and I then uninstalled just the Utility but kept the driver. I rebooted and the ran through the wizard installing the Utility. It works now.... Had problems on two XP machines. I can't get Windows 2000 to work.... blue screen all the time.

-Scott

-Scott
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card