cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change between autnomous and lightweight combo image.

I've gotten ~30 1702 APs and their delivered in with the unified image which means they should have access to both autonomous and lighweight mode. On bootup I only get access to lightweight mode. I know how to change the image with "debug capwap console cli", but this time I don't want to do that due to the number of APs. I've been told there should be a command which swaps from lighweight mode to autonomous mode directly on the AP. If i recall correctly it's a one way trip, this doesn't matter to me.

Does anyone know what this command is to swap the mode in a "unified image".

Br //Peter

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mohanak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When booting up a 1530, 1700, or a 2700 series AP for the first time, it will boot up with a unified mode software image. To deploy the AP in an autonomous network, use following command from the AP console or telnet to force AP to reboot using autonomous mode software image.
capwap ap autonomous

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/15-3-3/configuration/guide/cg15-3-3/cg15-3-3-chap1-overview.html

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Console into the AP (username/password:  "cisco") and in enable mode, enter this command:  config capwap ap autonomous

mohanak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When booting up a 1530, 1700, or a 2700 series AP for the first time, it will boot up with a unified mode software image. To deploy the AP in an autonomous network, use following command from the AP console or telnet to force AP to reboot using autonomous mode software image.
capwap ap autonomous

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/15-3-3/configuration/guide/cg15-3-3/cg15-3-3-chap1-overview.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: