cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1142N Works w/ AirPlay but not AirPrint?

bndbrennan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am currently switching out our Cisco 1130 APs and Cisco Small Bussiness APs for Cisco 1142Ns (I will NOT be using a WLC),

I have setup the AP, and read about some issues with Multicast and Apple Bon. Services.

I ran the "no ip igmp snooping" command and it allowed be to access our AirPlay Devices (Apple TV, AirPort Express, Etc), however our 2 AirPrint devices (Xerox 6125N, & Canon IR3220 via AirPrint Activator) are not showing up at all when connected to the 1142 (they work everywhere else).

Everything is on the same subnet, and 1142 is connected to the same switch has the airprint devices, and one Apple TV.

Both our 3500 Series switches are connected via fiber, AP and AirPrint/AirPlay devices are in the same VLAN.

What else can I do to further enable multicast?

Any help would be appericated! Thanks!

10 Replies 10

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is your printer wired or wireless. You can alway download bonjour browser to actually see if you see the printers. Since your Apple TV works, then I don't see an issue on the wireless side. Is your Apple TV wired or wireless.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi,

The print server is wried to the same switch as the AP. Apple TV and APE is also wired to the same switch.

Thanks.

So if you have the bonjour browser on a mac book that is wired, can you see the printers?  

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

I threw a Mac Pro on the network, and it see's the printers fine via AirPrint.

It is just when I am using the 1142. The 1130 and Cisco Small Business WLAN is fine for all bonjour services.

Is there any other comands relating to multicast?

If the 1130 and the 1142 are on the same switch and the multicast configuration is the same, I don't see why one would work and the other will not.  

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

On the AP, doyou have dot11 igmp snooping-helper configured?  Are your 1130 and 1142 configuration almost identical?

-Scott

Here is from an older post:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3582853#3582853

Thanks,

Scott

-Scott

Hi,

I didnt try the "no dot11 igmp snooping" command. (is the dot11 igmp snooping-helper also something I should run?)

The config's on both the AP's are pretty much flat..Just SSID, WPA2, and IP/Hostname Info.

Thanks for your help, I will try this when I get back to the office.

Thanks.

I tried those commands ("no dot11 igmp snooping" & "dot11 igmp snooping-helper"), I still cannot access the AirPrint devices. Also, after running these commands, I can no longer access AirPlay devices that are not attached to the same switch as the AP.

Is there somthing in the router that could help?

Thanks again for your help...

Well I'm assuming that you have multicast configured on the switches and routers. If not, then take a look at this support doc that explains what needs to be done.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-24187

Thanks,

Scott

-Scott
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card