Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2106 WLC Failing

jd
Level 1
Level 1

Hey,

I have been having problems with a 2106 WLC which seems to have developed a fault. I cannot console into the device (although I can console into the

ap1131ag showing no fault with the RJ45 - 9 Pin) and the device is no longer showing up in any of the possible I.P ranges.

Its showing a power light and a status light on the front panel, the ethernet ports light up like a christmas tree when a device is connected and the power supply is putting out a solid 47.7v.

Has anyone experienced anything like this before and can anyone suggest anyway of breathing life back into it?

Thanks in advance,

Jon

5 Replies 5

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you be connected to the console and reboot the WLC? Capture the output and we can see if there is anything that can be done other than RMA the unit.

Steve

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Nope - when I try and connect to the console I get no text whatsoever. Cursor just flashes.

Sounds like. TAC call and RMA

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Steve,

Its currently out of any sort of support contract. Is it still possible to setup an RMA?

Jon

Unfortunately, no. If there is no contract you won't be able to RMA it.

Steve

HTH,
Steve

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card