Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco 2802I accesspoint compatability issue

abinaya.2.r
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am proposing the access point model AIR-AP2802I-A-K9 for the replacement of the EOL access points Cisco AIR-LAP1142N-K9 and Cisco AIR-LAP1242AG-K9.

Is this AIR-AP2802I-A-K9 cisco recommended?

I see AIR-AP2802I-A-K9  require poe+ switch port. Does that mean is the interface have the Max power as 30.0 under show power inline sufficient?

Alos what are the prerequisites I need to look at if I will deploy AIR-AP2802I-A-K9 ?

Also what is the command to manually increase the power on the interface?

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
What country will the AP be deployed?

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Prerequisites around the POE are:

Input power requirements

●  802.3at PoE+, Cisco Universal PoE (Cisco UPOE®)
●  802.3at power injector (AIR-PWRINJ6=)

Power draw

●  22.5W at the PSE (20W at the PD) with all features enabled except for the USB 2.0 port
●  26.5W at the PSE (23W at the PD) with the USB 2.0 port enabled

The Controller needs to be running at least 8.2.110.0, keep this in mind as the 1242s will not run on this version of code.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/compatibility/matrix/compatibility-matrix.html

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi, 

I have been using that for almost a year on controller based environment, didn't faced any issue. Performance is good so far.

As mentioned by Andrews, Make sure that other access points in your environment and Power for the AP.

Are you planning to have ME or controller based setup?

Data Sheet 2800

Regards,
Sathiyanarayanan Ravindran

Please rate the post and accept as solution, if my response satisfied your question:)
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card