Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 5508 HA - Webauth Bundle for multiple SSID/multiple web pages

CiscoWiFiGuy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I have 2* cisco 5508 WLC in HA mode . Both are running IOS 7.5.102.0 . Everything is working perfectly fine.

I need to Creat 3 differnet SSID and Creat 3 different login Pages for them . Each user from respective SSID will get specified login Page. like

I have few questions :

1) I have downloaded webauth bundle from cisco Support Site and in that itself so many files are there. So based on my scenario , in which folder do i need to copy my login and logo file.

2) i have used Picozip to convert the file in .tar format but its giving me following error "

% Error: Webauth Bundle file transfer failed - No reply from the TFTP serve" but i can ping my tftp server easliy.

3) As Controllers are in HA mode , so once i am successful in uploading webauth bundle then it will be replicated on secondary controller or do i have to turn off SSO and upload in both one by one.

Please help me out in this.

Cheers

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

No... No folder. You select the two files and to bundle them into a tar file.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

Are you using External webauth then only u need ACL???

If not then remove ACL and try again.

Authentication priority order for web-auth user should be RADIUS.

WLAN>edit then click on Security >AAA server  here Order Used For Authentication only Radius(remove other LADP ..or move to left side)

Hi Sandeep,

I can confirm, both Internal and Customizable web page working fine by having Radius Server Overwrite interface UnChecked

Thanks,

Hussain

25 Replies 25

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Duplicate posts. 

Go here:  https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2259500

Dear,

it happend by mistake.

So could you please help me out in this??

Thanks

HI Waqas,

1)  I have downloaded webauth bundle from cisco Support Site and in that  itself so many files are there. So based on my scenario , in which  folder do i need to copy my login and logo file

you can copy in notepad++ and save as html file

2) i have used Picozip to convert the file in .tar format but its giving me following error "

% Error: Webauth Bundle file transfer failed - No reply from the TFTP serve" but i can ping my tftp server easliy.

First be careful:

There are some limitations with custom webauth. Things to watch for include:

• the .tar file size (no more than 1Mb)
  • the number of files in the .tar
  • the filename length of the files (should be no more than 30 characters)

3)  As Controllers are in HA mode , so once i am successful in uploading  webauth bundle then it will be replicated on secondary controller or do i  have to turn off SSO and upload in both one by one.

As per my experiences you must upload on both WLC seperately.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Hi Sandeep,

Reference to my first question : i already have html and jpeg files ready with me . i have downloaded webauth bundle 1.0.2 . if you unzip it , it has following folders like : case,flash,ksink,logout,multbundle,waa,waaext,wap etc etc . So i just need to ask you in which of these folders i can place my login.html page and logo too. Rest all other files and folders i can delete in webauth bundle?

Rerferece to second question : file size is 282k , characters also less and total files inside it is only 2 "login.html and clientlogo.jpeg"

So please tell me if i am missing somthing in it.

Thanks

Hi Waqas,

Just ake a WAP page and copy at other place.(Yes there are many folders in this bundle: take any one ..which is very simple)

IN This new folder you should only have login page and logo then try to convert this folder via picozip in tar.

Then try to upload this file to wlc via GUI.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/7.0/configuration/guide/c70users.html#wp1049404

Code file transfer failed - No reply from the TFTP server

This error means:

You get this error message if the TFTP server is not active. Check to determine if the TFTP service is enabled on the server.

Regards

I will just try this now and will update in a while.

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Hi Sandeep,

Thanks for your help . I followed the steps which you have mentioned.

TFTP issue is resolved. Only error in Extracting file is coming. I dont know where i am missing anything. for your reference ihave also attached myhtml pages plz unzip them and inside is html and logo page. also i have attached the error snapshot.

Ihave tried picozip and 7zip but its still same. i am getting same error message.

Looking forward to hear from your side.

HI Waqas,

Error extracting webauth files

WLC fails to load a Custom Web Authentication/Passthrough bundle if any one of the bundled files has greater than 30 characters in the filename, which includes the file extension. The customized web auth bundle has a limit of up to 30 characters for filenames. Ensure that no filenames within the bundle are greater than 30 characters.

Please use webaurh bundle provided by cisco and then modified with it.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Why do you have folders within the zip. The login.tar just needs to have your login.html and the login,jpg.

I use PowerArchiver and or 7-Zip.

Try the trail version of PowerArchiver because if the files are not tar'd correctly, you will get that error you are seeing.

-Scott

Hi Scott,

I zipped it just to have it downloaded for experts .Inside it is my actual files .

Just to make it simple , for eveyone : i will create one folder named login and will place login.html and logo.jpeg file into this folder and will convert login folder to login.tar ??

Please let me know if i am mistaken.

Sure i will try power achiver too and will update this forum accordingly.

Thanks

No... No folder. You select the two files and to bundle them into a tar file.

-Scott

Hi Scott ,

Thanks alot for your help. Finally i got succeeded in uploading this .tar files to controller and i am able to get web authentication page.

Just trying to troubleshoot : After i put credentials in web page i am not getting authenticated.I have configured ACL's too but still no luck. getting "405 Method not allowed" error on web page

Any help???

Much appreciate your help in this regard.

Thanks

R u using fireforx ???

Try to use chrome or IE and then try.

yup....still no luck on any of the browers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card