Cisco Community Designated VIP Class of 2020

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Cisco 6921 Call forward to smartphone?

Good morning everyone

I work at an office and we all have the 6921 ip phone, and to call someone from the inside we only need to dial an extension number

Well the thing is: I work as helpdesk and I get many calls to my phone, but mostly all the time I'm around the office solving issues here and there and therefore cannot pick up calls when I'm not sitting on my desk.

I thought of the idea that, if I cannot sit on my desk, It would be great if I could answer all calls whilst working on other things.

So I was wondering if there is a way to forward incoming calls to a smartphone which is connected to the same network via wi-fi or something similar so I know who is calling and be able to answer calls to my extension number from my smartphone

I don't know if this is even possible, but just wondering. And if there's a way please could you help me?

Thanks in advance

P.S: Incoming calls should be redirected via Wi-fi, and not carried to phone signal to avoid dialing costs 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Call Forward AllCall Forward

Call Forward All

Call Forward All allows you to forward calls on your phone to another number.

For your primary line, you can set up Call Forward All directly on your phone. For all other lines—or to access Call Forward All remotely—go to your User Options web pages.

There are two types of call forwarding features that your system administrator might set up on your phone:

Unconditional call forwarding (Call Forward All)—Applies to all calls that you receive.

Conditional call forwarding (Call Forward No Answer, Call Forward Busy, Call Forward No Coverage)—Applies to certain calls that you receive, according to conditions, and is accessible only from your User Options web pages.

When forwarding calls from your phone:

Enter the call forward target number exactly as you would dial it from your phone. For example, enter an access code or the area code, if necessary.

Call forwarding is phone-line specific. If a call reaches you on a line where call forwarding is not enabled, the call will ring as usual.

Your system administrator can set up other call forward options that:

Allow calls placed from the call forward target number to your phone to ring through, rather than be forwarded.

Prevent you from creating a call forward loop or exceeding the maximum number of links in a call forwarding chain.

check the link Here

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Hall of Fame Community Legend

Why don't you get a 7925/7926

Why don't you get a 7925/7926 wireless handset instead?

Enthusiast

Well i have configure so many

Well i have configure so many these kind of ip phone setups and yes it is possible to forward calls.

I don't have worked on 6921 but this is possible for 7926.

Further more you can check the following for "Call Forward All", hope this help for 6921 .

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/6921_6941_6961/8_0/english/user/guide/book/6921_6941_6961_enu80/callfeat.html#wp1018800

https://www.iiserb.ac.in/PDF/manual_6921.pdf

Cisco Employee

Call Forward AllCall Forward

Call Forward All

Call Forward All allows you to forward calls on your phone to another number.

For your primary line, you can set up Call Forward All directly on your phone. For all other lines—or to access Call Forward All remotely—go to your User Options web pages.

There are two types of call forwarding features that your system administrator might set up on your phone:

Unconditional call forwarding (Call Forward All)—Applies to all calls that you receive.

Conditional call forwarding (Call Forward No Answer, Call Forward Busy, Call Forward No Coverage)—Applies to certain calls that you receive, according to conditions, and is accessible only from your User Options web pages.

When forwarding calls from your phone:

Enter the call forward target number exactly as you would dial it from your phone. For example, enter an access code or the area code, if necessary.

Call forwarding is phone-line specific. If a call reaches you on a line where call forwarding is not enabled, the call will ring as usual.

Your system administrator can set up other call forward options that:

Allow calls placed from the call forward target number to your phone to ring through, rather than be forwarded.

Prevent you from creating a call forward loop or exceeding the maximum number of links in a call forwarding chain.

check the link Here

View solution in original post

Beginner

Thank you all for taking your

Thank you all for taking your time

Both of your solutions are similar so I will try and update about it.

What I wonder now is if these call forwarding will carry additional charges to the company line... 

Again, thank you all 

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad

August's Community Spotlight Awards