cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 8861 - Wireless Setup

dietrich.green
Level 1
Level 1

How do you setup wireless connection on Cisco 8861? I have enable Wi-Fi using Cisco Call manager. I have turn on the wireless on the phone using Admin settings menu on the phone. I have my wireless on using a hotspot. The phone is not displaying list of wireless SSID's to connnect. How do I connect to my wireless connection?

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Create an SSID called "cisco" with OPEN authentication. 

DHCP Option 150 points to the CUCM server.  

Hello,

The problem that I'm having is the network name option is missing under menu option, admin settings. The network name was under the wireless setup option until I connect the phone using ethernet setup. When I with back into the wi-fi client setup I didn't have the option to select network name for wireless SSID. I have included a photo so you can see the network name option is missing now.

Hi,

The issue is that you are using the PoE port which disables the Wifi NIC on the phone.

Documentation of course... Page 6

A power cube (CP-PWR-CUBE-4=) is required when utilizing the Cisco IP Phone 8861 or 8865 in Wi-Fi mode.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/8841_8851_8861/10_5/english/DeploymentGuide/CiscoIPPhone8800SeriesWLANDeploymentGuide.pdf

Don't worry at all, I am here to help you out.
Go to Admin SettingsNetwork Setup Wi-Fi client setup > (Do the following)

Wireless = on 

Wi-Fi sign in access = on
SSID = (Type the SSID you want your phone to be connected to)

Security mode = (Select Security mode i.e. PSK) then press Edit button and type the security key in PSK field. Press Save button and come back to previous menu.
802.11 mode = Auto
Press Apply button and wait for a little time, phone will first connect to wireless network and then register to CUCM.

mmfarooqazam
Level 1
Level 1

I faced the same thing. However, its not an issue at all. You can type the SSID yorself and type the password after selecting the right security mode.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card