Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AIR-CAP3502I-E-K9 not connecting to WLC-8510

When i try to connect an AP on a specific VLAN the AP is constantly blinking green, and i get this error message from the AP using an console cable "Could not discover WLC. Either IP address is not assigned or assigned IP is wrong. Renewing DHCP IP." If i use another VLAN there is no problem at all. Any tips on how to fix this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The dhcp scope was full of BAD ADDRESS, when i deleted those the AP's joined the WLC again.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Make sure hosts on that VLAN can reach the DHCP server and or that the helper-settings are in place, if needed.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Make sure the ap gets an up address. What you mentioned is typical when the ap is not getting a dhcp address. Connect a laptop to the same port and verify the laptop gets an ip.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

The dhcp scope was full of BAD ADDRESS, when i deleted those the AP's joined the WLC again.

This is an issue with MS dhcp server and if the ap can't reach the controller. You will have to monitor and clean up bad address in the future.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

dijarvrella
Level 1
Level 1

What is the Cisco WLC software version?

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
That's because the other VLAN has DHCP Option 43 enabled.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card