Announcements

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Cisco Aironet 1130 Access point

Hi All,

I got the internet connection by ISP at my home and given me one IP address which I want to configure on my cisco access point to access internet thru my access point .

please help how it is possible to configure ip address on access point

IP address : 172.16.17,211 , mask : 255.255.255.0 Gateway : 172.16.17.1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VIP Advocate

Re: Cisco Aironet 1130 Access point

Just to understand you correct, all your clients must share the IP 172.16.17.221?
If yes, then you need a router with NAT functionality. The Cisco Aironet AP are only access-points, they don't offer routing and more importantly NAT features.
7 REPLIES 7
Rising star

How to configure standalone Cisco access point from GUI and configure WPA2 authentication http://ciscoexamplelabs.blogspot.co.uk/
VIP Mentor

First of all you need to make sure your 1131 got Autonomous Image (K9W7). Higher chances it may have lightweight image (k9w8). Ideally you should have a console access, then you can configure it easily. Have a look on below post for image conversions. If it does not have autonomous image, then you need to get it (you cannot download it freely on cisco.com, ask from person you bought this AP if they can help)

https://mrncciew.com/2012/10/20/lightweight-to-autonomous-conversion/

https://mrncciew.com/2013/12/13/ap-conversion-using-mode-button/

If it has default configuration username/password Cisco/Cisco should work. If you connect it to your Modem/DSL router, it should get an IP and you can find it through DSL router web interface.

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

Beginner

My ISP given me only one lan wire along with below ip address so please tell me how i configure below ip address on my cisco AP to access the internet on my laptop/mobile thru this access point.

IP address  : 172.16.17 211 Subnet mask : 255.255.255.0 Gateway : 172.16.17.1

Please share the configuration as my access point is running on flash:/c1130-k9w7-mx.124-25d.JA2/c1130-k9w7-mx.124-25d.JA2

VIP Mentor

Make sure AP is running Autonomous image.

Here is the smaple config:

---------------------------

conf t
hostname HAIDER_AP
!
dot11 ssid HAIDER
authentication open
authentication key-management wpa version 2
guest-mode
wpa-psk ascii <SSID_PASSWORD>
!
interface Dot11Radio0
encryption mode ciphers aes-ccm
ssid HAIDER
no shutdown
!
interface Dot11Radio1
channel width 40-above
encryption mode ciphers aes-ccm
ssid HAIDER
no shutdown
!
interface BVI1
ip address 172.16.17.211
!

ip default-gateway 172.16.17.1
end
write memory

---------------------------

Regards

Dont froegt to rate helpful posts

Beginner

Hi,

i configure access point as you suggested here but after configuring attached devices are not getting ip address thru access point ( Error : No ip allocation )

VIP Advocate

Ask your provider if you need a router with NAT function. If yes, then you have to that and put the AP behind it.
VIP Advocate

Just to understand you correct, all your clients must share the IP 172.16.17.221?
If yes, then you need a router with NAT functionality. The Cisco Aironet AP are only access-points, they don't offer routing and more importantly NAT features.
CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
August's Community Spotlight Awards
This widget could not be displayed.