Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Aironet 1260 Series - Sending station has left the BSS

awhelan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone tell me if the below behavior should be expected? We have been having issues with random packet drops and or some sort of radio lockup which happens a few times a day. I have a test AP setup with a few clients only a few feet away and I see this combination of messages. Should I be seeing these clients drop off and then reconnect immediately? Granted these test clients are not passing much data but my assumption is that they would not become deauthenticated because of lack of activity? This setup is using a radius server for authentication. I tested it before with just WPA2 PSK and only had a few disconnected over a number of days, compared with many a day with the Radius. Thanks for any input.

Oct 30 17:57:36.604 Interface Dot11Radio1, Deauthenticating Station a088.b404.0d78 Reason: Sending station has left the BSS

Oct 30 17:57:36.614 Interface Dot11Radio1, Station a088.b404.0d78 Associated KEY_MGMT[WPAv2-CP]

Thank You

1 Reply 1

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This is normal per say, but if your testing, does it affect the devices.  If not, I wouldn't worry too much about it.  Also is your test devices seeing other SSID that it may join?  Why not just us a monitor tool or constant ping to the device or from the device to the gateway and see if this is really an issue or not.  I don't know how your test environment is, but if you have more than one ap, it could be the device is roaming.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card