Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Aironet 1815i CAPWAP to ME

ChadL
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all:

I've converted a couple of these things in the past with no issue but when I go to convert this 1815i over from CAPWAP to Mobility Express using this line:

ap-type mobility express tftp://x.x.x.x/air-ap1815-k9-me-8-6-101-0.tar

I get an error "invalid command passsed to capwap-upgrade.sh" error: image update failed.

I did some research online and people were saying it was a bug with the firmware I'm on. the show version cmd says I'm running 8.3.111.0 and people said there was a bug with that and to upgrade to the newest version. So I downloaded the newest version and uploaded it to my tftp server. I elevate using "en" and type in archive download-sw tftp://x.x.x.x/ap1g5-k9w8-tar.153-3.jh1.tar but it just says "invalid input detected at '^' marker but the market just points to a blank space. I've tried to run the command debug capwap console cli and debug lwapp console cli but I receive the same invalid input detected error message.

Any help would be appreciated

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ChadL
Level 1
Level 1

Actually I figured it out. I did the archive download cmd of the mobility express first then ran the ap-type mobility-express tftp cmd and then once more ran simply the ap-type-mobility-express cmd and it works now

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

ChadL
Level 1
Level 1

Actually I figured it out. I did the archive download cmd of the mobility express first then ran the ap-type mobility-express tftp cmd and then once more ran simply the ap-type-mobility-express cmd and it works now

Do you have a WLC with later software version to get this 1815 registered. That is the easiest way to get it upgraded from current code to a newer version. Once upgraded you can try convert to ME.

1800/2800/3800 are different generation of APs and those commands "debug capwap console cli" or "archive download...." will not work

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

Tien Pham
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

if you are unable to upgrade directly to newer ME version, upgrapde to a LW version first then convert again to the latest ME image. it worked to me

Tien Pham

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card